Children may show anxiety or mood problems in many ways. We help the child, youth and their family better understand
the problem after assessment. We also recommend treatment when appropriate. In
some cases, we are able to offer time-limited treatment.
An anxious child may have symptoms such as:
- fear of something specific, avoiding certain situations or
worrying too much
- having physical signs of fear, such as a very fast
heartbeat or trouble breathing
A depressed child may:
- withdraw from friends and family
- lose interest in usual activities
- have trouble eating or sleeping
- express feelings of guilt or self-criticism
- question the value of life
Bipolar disorder may present with symptoms of depression or
mania, such as grandiose thinking, decreased need for sleep, or extreme
Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Referral Required: A referral from your family doctor,
pediatrician or psychiatrist is required.
To access the service please contact Access CAMH, the
centralized intake service at CAMH. Access CAMH ensures the right patient
gets to the right place at the right time.
Access CAMH contact 416-535-8501, press 2
New referrals can be faxed to Access CAMH 416-979-6815 using
the referral form below.
Referral Form (PDF)
Workman Way - CAMH Queen Street site between Shaw Street and Ossington Avenue