The Child and Youth Psychiatry Division is a hub for research and community partnerships focused on improving the lives of children, youth and families affected by mental illness. Beyond the pursuit of leading-edge research, the division serves as a resource for professionals, organizations and government bodies from a local to international level. In addition, the division provides research training opportunities for residents, graduate students and other trainees in medicine and allied health professions.
The broad areas of research conducted in the division are:
• Biological bases of behaviour and health
• Psychosocial bases of behaviour and health
• Developmental trajectories and predicting outcomes
• Assessment tools and processes
• Innovative intervention research
• Knowledge translation and exchange and systems-level research
The Sunrise Challenge presented by Sun Life invites Canadians to wake up with the sun for 5 days (May 30 to June 3) while raising vital funds for CAMH. By rising together and rallying our friends, family, and co-workers behind the cause, we can change the way the world sees and treats mental illness.