New! The New IRMHP Leadership Course.
Registration for the Fall 2023 Leadership course is now closed.To be notified when registration opens for the February 5 – March 11, 2024 Leadership course offering, add your name to this email list.
The IRMHP course for leadership* is a new training for boards of directors, leaders, and managers in the health, settlement and social service sectors. It is designed to build your knowledge and skills in how to create an enabling environment to better support the mental health of immigrants and refugees in Canada.
Watch the video below to learn more about the course
The course will help you achieve the following goals:
- Improve your knowledge about the mental health needs of immigrants and refugees and understand the supports newcomers require.
- Introduce organizational strategies that support and improve mental health for immigrants and refugees
- Develop appropriate policies related to immigrant and refugee mental health.
- Ensure a supportive work environment for staff members as they promote the mental health of immigrants and refugees.
The course, which is structured around health equity at all levels of an organization, consists of four sections:
- Section 1: Organizational-level health equity
- Section 2: Staff-level health equity
- Section 3: Service-level health equity
- Section 4: Tools and Resources
The course highlights current research, practices from the field and selected resources and tools, presented in an interactive, multimedia format. It is self-paced, takes three hours to complete and is available online for six weeks per session.
* The course is not available to those residing in Quebec or outside of Canada.