As we embark on this exciting adventure, we will consult with leading scientists and other thought leaders—locally, nationally and internationally—to identify additional areas in which we need to grow in support of our cause. We will explore opportunities for greater collaboration with other organizations and invest in new conceptual frameworks that embrace the complexity of mental disorders. In these ways, we will ensure we are steering a new beginning in mental health, toward a future full of opportunity and promise.
The Discovery Fund is led by a Steering Committee that oversees all initiatives, supported by an operations committee and four working groups focused on achieving the fund’s strategic objectives. Committee members include senior scientists, clinicians and executives from across CAMH's disciplines.
- Brian Edmonds, CFO, Finance
- Wade Hall, Vice-President, Campaign, CAMH Foundation
- Damian Jankowicz, Vice-President, Information Management and Performance Improvement
- Dr. Tarek Rajji, Deputy Physician-in-Chief for Research and Chief, Adult Neurodevelopment and Geriatric Psychiatry
- Janet Short, Controller, Finance
- Ann Symington, Director, Principal Gifts, CAMH Foundation
- Justine Jackson, Vice President, Finance and Chief Operating Officer, CAMH Foundation
Talent Development Working Group
This working group's mandate is to develop new talent and foster career development through access to graduate studentships and postdoctoral fellowships.
- Dr. Samantha Wells, Associate Director and Senior Scientist, Institute for Mental Health Policy Research
- Dr. Albert Wong, Scientist, Campbell Family Mental Health Research Institute and Psychiatrist, Schizophrenia Division
Seed Funding Working Group
This working group is focused on promoting collaboration among scientists through access to seed funding that generates high-quality data and may lead to significant external funding.
- Dr. Paul Kurdyak, Director, Health Outcomes and Performance Evaluation, Institute for Mental Health Policy Research and Medical Director, Performance Improvement
- Dr. Fang Liu, Senior Scientist and Head, Molecular Neuroscience, Campbell Family Mental Health Research Institute
Clinical Research Implementation Working Group
This working group is working to improve the integration of clinical research across CAMH so that every patient has the opportunity to participate in research leading to improved evidence-based treatment for mental health.
- Lina Chiuccariello, Manager, Clinical Research
- Stephanie Capobianco, Manager, Research Policy and Strategy
- Sumeeta Chatterjee, Medical Head, Forensic Inpatient and Outpatient Services
- Shannon Greene, Manager, Addiction Medicine
- Kent Heise, Manager, Extended Forensic Outpatient
- Ann Hilliard, Inpatient Manager, Complex Mental Illness
- George Foussias, Associate Chief, Schizophrenia Division
- Stefan Kloiber, Clinical Head, Mood and Anxiety
- Sanjeev Kumar, Medical Head, Geriatric Research
- Bernard Le Foll, Clinician Scientist and Head, Translational Addiction Research Laboratory,
- Natalie Quick, Senior Manager, Ambulatory Services
- Tarek Rajji, Deputy Physician-in-Chief of Clinical Research, Chief, Adult Neurodevelopment and Geriatric Psychiatry Division
- David Rotenberg, Director of Operations, Krembil Centre for Neuroinformatics
- Rong Ting, Senior Manager, CCR Inpatient Services