For primary care practitioners
- National Eating Disorder Information Centre. Provides access to the Cochrane library of systematic reviews of eating disorders treatment.
- Sheena’s Place. Community-based support centre in Toronto for people with eating disorders and their families.
- Overcoming Bulimia Nervosa and Binge Eating: A Self-Help Guide Using Cognitive-Behavioral Techniques (2nd ed.), by Peter Cooper, Basic Books, 2009.
- Overcoming Binge Eating (2nd ed.), by Christopher G. Fairburn, Guilford Press, 2013.
- Help for Eating Disorders: A Parent’s Guide to Symptoms, Causes and Treatments, by Debra K. Katzman and Leora Pinhas, Robert Rose, 2005.
- Help Your Teenager Beat an Eating Disorder (2nd ed.), by James Lock and Daniel Le Grange, Guilford Press, 2015.
- The Overcoming Bulimia Workbook, by Randy E. McCabe et al., New Harbinger, 2003.
Hill, L.S., Reid, F., Morgan, J.F. & Lacey, J.H. (2010). SCOFF, the development of an eating disorder screening questionnaire. International Journal of Eating Disorders, 43, 344–351.
Morgan, J.F., Reid, F. & Lacey, J.H. (1999). The SCOFF questionnaire: Assessment of a new screening tool for eating disorders. British Medical Journal, 319, 1467–1468.
National Institute for Health and Care Excellence, UK. (2017). Eating Disorders: Recognition and Treatment (Clinical Guideline #69). London, United Kingdom.
van Son, G.E., van Hoeken, D., van Furth, E.F., Donker, G.A. & Hoek, H.W. (2010). Course and outcome of eating disorders in a primary care–based cohort. International Journal of Eating Disorders, 43, 130–138.
Williams, P.M., Goodie, J. & Motsinger, C.D. (2008). Treating eating disorders in primary care. American Family Physician, 77, 187–195.
David S. Goldbloom, OC, MD, FRCPC. Senior medical advisor, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health; professor, Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Toronto.
In Eating Disorders: