Dr. Strafella is a Fellow of the Canadian Academy of Health Sciences (CAHS) and currently serves on its Governance and Finance Board. He serves as well on the Advisory Board of the CIHR-Institute of Neuroscience, Mental Health and Addiction (INMHA), and the Board Directors of Parkinson Canada.
He is also:
- Professor in the Department of Medicine, Division of Neurology and the Krembil-Rossy Chair in Molecular Imaging of Neurodegenerative Diseases.
- Movement disorder neurologist in the Edmond J. Safra Program in Parkinson's Disease and Morton & Gloria Shulman Movement Disorders Clinic at the Toronto Western Hospital.
- Chair of Research for the Division of Neurology, Dept of Medicine, University of Toronto (UofT)
- Senior Scientist at the Krembil Brain Institute (KBI) - UHN
- Faculty member of the Institute of Medical Science (IMS) at UofT
Areas of Research
The focus of Dr. Strafella's research is on Parkinson’s disease and atypical parkinsonisms using advanced neuroimaging technology and novel PET radio-ligands.
View Dr. Strafella’s publications on PubMed.