Some of the recommendations in the synthesized guideline are affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. The resources listed here guide health care practitioners in continuing to provide safe, accessible, effective and consistent treatment for people with opioid use disorder during the pandemic. Please also check with your professional regulatory body for updated guidance.
- Health Canada amendments to the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act for pharmacists and physicians, including an FAQ document
- Canadian Research Initiative in Substance Misuse national guidance for shelter, residential and acute care settings, telemedicine, harm reduction workers and OAT patients with COVID-19
- CAMH, META:PHI and Ontario Medical Association guidance for prescribers
- CAMH guidance for pharmacists
- B.C. Centre on Substance Use guidance for physicians and pharmacists