The TEACH Project offers a University of Toronto accredited certificate program in intensive cessation counselling. This 46.5 hour certificate program provides the context, background and knowledge and skills needed to offer intensive tobacco cessation counselling.
There is no minimum educational or professional requirement to attend TEACH courses.
Online – refer to the TEACH Project website for upcoming offerings.
Course Requirements and Prerequisites
In order to complete the full certificate program, learners must complete the following requirements:
- One TEACH Core Course: An Interprofessional Comprehensive Course on Treating Tobacco Use Disorder. This course is a 19.5 hours of required online time or in-class training equivalent.
- Two TEACH Specialty Courses: TEACH offers a variety of Specialty Courses related to specific populations. Each Specialty Course is 13.5 hours of required online time or in-class training equivalent.
Completion of the Learning Assessments for each course (pre-course & post-course).
Certification and Accreditation
- College of Family Physicians of Canada
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Canadian Addiction Counsellors Certification Federation
- Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario