This online course is designed to help healthcare providers recognize the signs of acquired brain injury (ABI) in their clients living with substance use disorder (SUD) and give them the tools to confidently support their clients through their recovery journey. These tools will include compensation strategies, diverse approaches to implementation, and resources featuring best practice approaches. This course will provide healthcare providers with the knowledge and skills to help deliver evidence-informed substance use treatment among those living with ABI.
Please note that this course is not offered as a part of the TEACH Certificate Program.
- Describe the relationship between acquired brain injury and substance use disorder.
- Apply a model of substance use disorder care for persons with acquired brain injury.
- Identify basics of cognitive accommodation.
- Design a program for substance use disorder for persons with acquired brain injury.
- The College of Family Physicians of Canada
- Canadian Addiction Counsellors Certification Federation
- Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario