In collaboration with the University of Toronto, the Temerty Centre is offering an intensive training program to teach the administration of rTMS.
rTMS is Health Canada approved for treating major depression and is being studied for other disorders.
Due to the increased demand for the use of rTMS in the treatment of psychiatric disorders, we predict there will be a sharp increase in the need for technicians to administer this novel treatment.
Upon completion of the program, attendees will be able to:
- Describe the basics of rTMS
- Summarize evidence-based treatments for psychiatric disorders using rTMS
- Assist with determining the motor threshold
- Determine appropriate treatment spots
- Entering protocols in rTMS equipment
- Machine maintenance and upkeep
- Extensive hands-on experience administering rTMS
Course Requirements and Prerequisites
BA or BSC
Five-day training program
Certification and Accreditation
This course is accredited by the University of Toronto and registrants will be awarded with a certificate of completion from The University of Toronto – Faculty of Medicine.
Affiliation and Partnerships
University of Toronto