In collaboration with the University of Toronto, the Temerty Centre for Therapeutic Brain Intervention at CAMH is offering a 4-day training program in the clinical application of rTMS to psychiatrists.
rTMS is Health Canada approved for treating major depression and is being studied for other disorders.
Due to the increased demand for the use of rTMS in the treatment of psychiatric disorders, we predict there will be a sharp increase in the need to use rTMS as a treatment for psychiatric disorders.
Upon completion of the program, attendees will be able to:
- Summarize evidence-based rTMS treatments for psychiatric disorders
- Determine the clinical applications of rTMS
- Determine clinical indications, contraindications, and appropriate patient selection
- Determine appropriate treatment protocols using rTMS
- Identify the motor threshold
- Approximate treatment spots
- Receive substantial hands-on experience.
Course Requirements and Prerequisites
Four-day training program.
Certification and Accreditation
Accreditation: This course is accredited by the University of Toronto and registrants will be awarded credits from The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
Affiliation and Partnerships
University of Toronto