Makeup of the Board
The Board of Trustees consists of 18 elected and 7 ex officio voting members, and they meet on a regular basis and must meet at least six times a year. The Governance Committee nominates persons to fill vacancies, guided by the Principles of Governance in the CAMH by-laws that require Board membership to reflect "the breadth, depth and diversity" of the community CAMH serves.
The Board membership is to be comprised of individuals who bring a provincial perspective, direct experience in the addictions/mental health area; experience from other boards; community involvement; and the perspective of consumers and families to the Board table. Board membership must also have regard for the cultural, gender, ethnic, linguistic and religious characteristics of the communities served.
The Chair of the Board of Trustees is appointed for a one-year term and can be renewed annually for a maximum of three consecutive years. The Chair presides over all meetings of the Board, provides general leadership to the Board of Trustees, and reports to each Annual Meeting of CAMH on the management and operations of CAMH.
All Board meetings are open to the public, unless, under the administrative by-laws, the Board is required to vote to hold the meeting in camera.
Membership list as of January 14, 2020
- David Wilson
- Ms. Virginia Cirocco
- Mr. J. Ian Giffen
- Ms. Verlyn Francis
- Ms. Christine Hart
- Mr. Thomas Hofmann
- Mr. Bill Hogarth
- Ms. Vivian Koen
- Mr. Medhat Mahdy
- Ms. Eileen McMahon
- Mr. Howard Sapers
- Mr. Murray Segal
- Ms. Rebecca Shields
- Ms. Diane Smylie
- Ms. Adelina Urbanski
- Mr. Robert Walsh
- Mr. Victor Willis
- Dr. Catherine Zahn, President and CEO
- Mr. Jamie Anderson, Chair, CAMH Foundation Board of Directors
- Ms. Shalyn Isaacs, Girls on Board Young Director
- Dr. Benoit Mulsant, University of Toronto Representative on the Board, Chair, Department of Psychiatry
- Dr. Sarah Colman, President, Medical Staff Association
- Dr. Vicky Stergiopoulos, Physician-in-Chief
- Jill Campbell, VP, Complex Care & Recovery, Chief Professional Practice & CNE