Best practice guidelines for mental health promotion programs: Children & Youth
Help develop comprehensive support systems that focus on peer and parent-child relations, and academic performance, by:
- identifying populations(s) of concern
- facilitating the development or improvement of a strong support network for the population(s) of concern, including emotional,
social and physical support, through school, community and health services
- providing tangible assistance, such as financial support, transportation.
- counselling, reassurance and sympathetic listening.
- caring and supportive relationships by family, friends and service providers
- transportation to group sessions
Programs that incorporate Guideline 6 are: