Reference librarians are available to source needed information, assist in the use of library resources, help patrons navigate the online library catalogue, conduct orientation tours, and offer information on other appropriate services and sources outside of the CAMH Library. Research consultation is offered for staff, students and general public. Librarians are available to respond to requests in person, by mail, email or telephone. (See contact info below)
Print materials may be borrowed in person or through inter-library loan within Ontario for up to four weeks, with a three-item limit (no more than one video). Our print journal collection and reference materials may only be used on the premises. Borrowing privileges for individuals or organizations will be suspended if items are not returned or renewed. Replacement value must be paid for each lost or damaged item before privileges can be reinstated.
To get a library card:
- Individuals: You must be a resident of Ontario and register in person with a photo ID showing your current home address OR one piece of ID plus current proof of your mailing address, such as a recent bill. If you live out-of-town, please see Inter-Library Lending.
- Organizations: Ontario organizations such as treatment agencies may register for borrowing privileges. Two contact names must be provided.
CAMH library print resources may be borrowed by any library in Canada, with a $10 charge per book for loans outside Ontario. Consult your local public, academic or corporate library to borrow CAMH Library materials. Charges for photocopied materials, such as journal articles, depend on methods of delivery, location and other factors. Consult with your local public, university or corporate library to arrange an inter-library loan.
Audio-Visual Loan Service
The Library's Audio-Visual Loan Service provides educational materials—covering both mental health and substance use issues in VHS and DVD formats—to CAMH staff and other professionals, general interest audiences, families, and students. Videos are loaned within Ontario to registered library borrowers only. The AV collection is available for searching via our online catalogue.
Hours & Contact Info
The CAMH library is open for in person visits Monday to Friday from 10 am to 4 pm.
The CAMH library also continues to support the research and information needs of staff and students, providing the following services remotely:
- Article requests and searches
- Research and reference services
- Guidance on conducting literature reviews
- Other general inquiries via email
Online resources are available to staff and students whether you're working on site or at home:
- Online Journals (via EBSCO)
- Research Databases (via Insite)
- Online eBooks (via CAMH Library Catalogue)
Contact us if you have any questions about our available services.
1025 Queen Street West
Toronto, ON M5S 2S1
Fax: 416 595-6601 (No patient referrals or health record requests)