Sherri MacKay, Joanna Henderson, Carol Root, Diane Warling, K.B. Gilbert and Janice Johnstone
The Arson Prevention Program for Children (TAPP-C)
is an intervention program to reduce fire setting and other fire involvement, and promote fire safety, among children from two to 16 years of age. This guide provides a conceptual framework and useful techniques for mental health providers working with children, teens and their families.
The TAPP-C manual is divided into four main parts: Part 1 explains the program; Part 2 consists of caregiver modules; Part 3 consists of child modules; and Part 4 gives information about special issues, such as dealing with adolescents and children living in group homes or residential facilities.
Each of the caregiver and child modules includes:
- background information for the clinician
- psychoeducational content about the session theme to convey to the client in-session and home practice exercises
- suggestions and opportunities to help families review session content and work through exercises together
- worksheets to photocopy
- ISBN 978-0-88868-444-8 • 212 pages • spiral-bound
- $29.95 • published 2004 • product code PG116