1) has the right to a safe environment while a client at CAMH.
2) has the right to be free from physical, sexual, verbal, emotional and financial abuse. CAMH will use its best efforts to
protect clients from harm. CAMH will assist clients who experience abuse.
3) has the right to be free from discrimination, harassment, retribution, punishment and exploitation.
4) has the right not to be coerced or detained except where permitted by law.
5) has the right to be free from locked seclusion, environmental, chemical and mechanical restraint except where permitted
by law. (i.e. when a client is a danger to self or others). Only the minimum necessary amount of restraint or locked seclusion
is allowed and only after alternative methods of resolution have been unsuccessful. Clients have the right to be informed
of how they can be released from restraints or seclusion.
6) has the right to care based on support and healing.