Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Navigate Up

Exciting Announcement: New CAMH.CA website is launching late April 2018

Women & Alcohol Centre for Addiction
and Mental Health

Looking for help

Women and Alcohol

There are places to go for support if your drinking is causing you problems. It’s never too early or too late to get help. Many women have had drinking problems, and they have found the help they need. You can do it, too! Talk to someone you trust.

Contact the following organizations:

Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
33 Russell Street, Toronto, Ontario
M5S 2S1
1 800 463-6273
(or check the white pages for your local CAMH office)

The Ontario Drug and Alcohol Registry of Treatment (DART)
1 800 565-8603

AWARE (Action on Women’s Addictions - Research & Education)
P.O. Box 86,
Kingston, Ontario
K7L 4V6
1 613 545-0117

Or check the Yellow Pages of your phone book under “A” for addictions. Sometimes you can talk with a female counsellor, if you’re more comfortable with a woman.

There are also mutual-help groups in many communities. These include Alcoholics Anonymous (AA), Narcotics Anonymous (NA) and Women for Sobriety (WFS).

The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health has a self-help book called DrinkWise. You can use this book on your own at home to quit or cut down on your drinking. Call 1 800 661-1111 to find out how to order the book.

Women and Alcohol

CAMH Switchboard 416-535-8501
CAMH General Information Toronto: 416-595-6111 Toll Free: 1-800-463-6273
Connex Ontario Help Lines
Queen St.
1001 Queen St. W
Toronto, ON
M6J 1H4
Russell St.
33 Russell St.
Toronto, ON
M5S 2S1
College St.
250 College St.
Toronto, ON
M5T 1R8
Ten offices across Ontario