Room G21, 250 College Street, Toronto Ontario, M5T 1R8
Tel: (416) 535-8501 Extension 4015
For families facing addiction and mental health issues.
Whom do we serve?
What other services do we offer?
What do we believe?
Hours of Operation
We are volunteers who have experienced the impact of mental health andaddiction issues on our own family members and friends. The Family ResourceCentre is a collaboration betweenThe Family Counciland the Centre forAddiction and Mental Health .
What do we provide?
Working out of our experiences as family members and friends of people with mental health and addiction issues, we offer:
- emotional support
- coping strategies
- opportunities to meet with other family members
- general public
- info about the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- info about community resources
- a lending library of books and videos
- access to internet information
- Families and friends are an essential and enduring support to people with mental health and addiction issues
- Mental health and addiction professionals need to include families as part of the treatment team, acknowledging their experience, their strengths and their role as caregivers.
- An open, cooperative and respectful rapport between families, clients and health care providers ultimately benefits everyone.
- Stress and stigma experienced by family members can be reduced through education, advocacy and participation
- Help nurtures hope. Families are not alone
Mondays 1:00pm - 5:00pm
Tuesdays 4:30pm - 7:30pm
Wednesdays 1:00pm - 8:30pm
Thursdays 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Telephone Messages are listened to and responded to on a daily basis, Monday-Friday.