Children may show anxiety or mood problems in many ways.
An anxious child may have symptoms such as:
• fear of something specific, avoiding certain situations or worrying too much
• having physical signs of fear, such as a very fast heartbeat or trouble breathing
A depressed child may:
• withdraw from friends and family
• lose interest in usual activities
• have trouble eating or sleeping
• express feelings of guilt or self-criticism
• question the value of life
Bipolar disorder may present with symptoms of depression or mania, such as grandiose thinking, decreased need for sleep, or extreme talkativeness.
We help the child, youth and their family better understand the problem after assessment. We also recommend treatment when appropriate. In some cases, we are able to offer time-limited treatment.
Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Referral Required: A referral from your family doctor, pediatrician or psychiatrist is required.
Contact: (416) 535-8501, ext. 4366
Location: 80 Workman Way - CAMH Queen Street site between Shaw Street and Ossington Avenue