CAMH has reorganized our provincially-focused activities to help advance Ontario’s Comprehensive Mental Health and Addictions Strategy.
CAMH has been asked by the province of Ontario to lead several key provincial activities which are now underway. We set up Service Collaboratives—these are community-led bodies focused on improving access and transitions between the various sectors that provide services to people with mental illness and addictions in various regions of the province. The initial work of the Service Collaboratives will focus on children and youth. For more information on the Service Collaboratives, visit the Systems Improvement through Service Collaboratives website, or watch this brief video.
CAMH’s Provincial System Support Program capitalizes on our existing strengths. Core functions of this program include:
- Strengthening Ontario’s ability to prevent mental illness and substance use problems and promoting mental health through leadership through the CAMH Health Promotion Resource Centre (CAMH HPRC). CAMH HPRC builds capacity in health promotion, public health, and allied health professionals and develops partnerships for local and system-level conversations to impact practice, planning and policy. To view research reports, infographics and past webinars, please visit the CAMH HPRC website on the Portico network. You can also view one of CAMH HPRC’s recent reports on public health activities in mental health here:
- Increasing engagement in knowledge generation and access to the best available research evidence to support decision-making and sharing what we learn as the system transforms through Knowledge Exchange and Communications, with the support of Evidence Exchange Network (EENet).
- Working with local communities across the province to support implementing evidence-informed programs and practices through Regional Implementation Teams. This work will be based on needs and problems identified locally using cutting edge methodologies drawn from Implementation Science and Quality Improvement Frameworks.
- Understanding and evaluating our efforts as well as monitoring impacts on outcomes at local, regional and provincial levels through Performance Measurement and Implementation Research. This team is also home to the Drug and Alcohol Treatment Information System (DATIS).
CAMH is optimistic about our role in supporting positive system change in Ontario.
The Provincial System Support Program serves the addiction and mental health systems in Ontario through four regions and offices in ten communities.
- Toronto (416) 535-8501 Ext. 30335
- Mississauga (416) 535-8501 Ext. 30335
- Kingston Toll-free (888) 287-4439 or (613) 546-4266
- Ottawa Toll-free (888) 441-2892 or (613) 569-6024
- London Toll-free (888) 495-2261 or (519) 858-5110
- Hamilton Toll-free (888) 857-2876 or (905) 525-1250
- Sudbury Toll-free (888) 880-7063 or (705) 675-1195
- Penetanguishene (705) 549-9921
- Thunder Bay (807) 626-9145
- Kenora (807) 468-1429
Clinical services are not available from CAMH Regional Offices. Please contact ConnexOntario for information about alcohol and drug, gambling and mental health services in your area.