Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Navigate Up
EnglishFrancais
2011 Centre for Addiction
and Mental Health

November 13 - 19, 2011 is National Bullying Awareness Week

Bullying Awareness Week began with Canadian father and educator, Bill Belsey. In response to a 1999 school shooting in Taber, Alberta, Bill created www.bullying.org, to provide educational programs and resources to individuals, families, schools and other organizations to help people deal effectively and positively with the act of bullying and its long-lasting negative consequences.
Research has shown us that approximately 15% of any given population in a school or workplace is directly involved with bullying – leaving 85% as potential bystanders or silent majority. This year’s theme is Stand Up! (to bullying), and is an opportunity for communities around the country to get involved and not wait for someone else to do something, rather work together to prevent bullying in our communities through education and awareness.
Bullying Awareness Week is a joint declaration of Bullying.org and Family Channel, a national children, youth and family television network. For more information and for a calendar of events, please visit: http://www.bullyingawarenessweek.org/
CAMH Switchboard 416-535-8501
CAMH General Information Toronto: 416-595-6111 Toll Free: 1-800-463-6273
Connex Ontario Help Lines
Queen St.
1001 Queen St. W
Toronto, ON
M6J 1H4
Russell St.
33 Russell St.
Toronto, ON
M5S 2S1
College St.
250 College St.
Toronto, ON
M5T 1R8
Nine offices across Ontario