Drug awareness week 2004 -- Need a source?
Drug Awareness Week in Ontario is November 15-21.
The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) has the following people available for interviews:
Stephen Meredith, Program Consultant
- club drugs such as ecstasy and crystal meth.
- cannabis decriminalization
- reducing the harm associated with drug use
Dr. Bruce Ballon, Child Psychiatrist
- drug treatment programs for youth
- advice for parents on how to identify drug problems in kids
Dr. Ed Adlaf, Research Scientist
- results from the Ontario Student Drug Use Survey
- prevalence of drug use among Ontario students
Jane Fjeld, Youth Priority Manager
- health promotion programs for youth
The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) is Canada's leading addiction and mental health teaching hospital. CAMH succeeds in transforming the lives of people affected by addiction and mental illness, by applying the latest in scientific advances, through integrated and compassionate clinical practice, health promotion, education and research.
CAMH is a Pan American Health Organization and World Health Organization Collaborating Centre fully affiliated with the University of Toronto.
For more information or to schedule an interview contact Sylvia Hagopian, CAMH Media Relations Coordinator at (416) 595-6015. www.camh.net