Best practice guidelines for mental health promotion programs: Children & Youth
Adopt multiple interventions by:
- identifying population(s) of concern
- planning a comprehensive approach using multiple strategies, which include building healthy public policy, creating supportive
environments, strengthening community action, developing personal skills and reorienting health services
- using strategies to reach multiple audiences in formats appropriate to their needs and preferences
- using strategies that reinforce each other to reach a common goal.
- out-of-school-time programs
- parent support groups
- self-help groups
- skill-building workshops (e.g., behavioural management, anger management)
- school policies
- community engagement.
Programs that incorporate Guideline 7 are: