The Centre's Diversity Policy Framework was approved by the Board of Trustees on January 16th, 2003. We believe that "Diversity"
requires a formal policy framework to:
1. Principles and Objectives -- key diversity values and assumptions driving CAMH's commitment to diversity and the legal framework that informs it
2. Goals -- Leadership and Accountability, Client Centred Care as a priority, Relationship with all CAMH stakeholders, diversity integration
in all of CAMH's work and planning, promoting an environment free of stigma, harassment, discrimination and which is welcoming,
3. Procedures -- Detailed expectations and commitments for each goal
4. Scope and Applicability -- Connection with other policies
5. Accountability -- role of Constituency Members, Board of Trustees, Senior Management, allocation of expertise and resource to meaningfully
support the diversity agenda, expectations of stakeholders, etc.