VALIDITY - Vibrant Action Looking Into Depression in Today’s Young Women project team
Hear Me, Understand Me, Support Me explores the diverse challenges that young women experience in relation to depression; prevention strategies; healthy helping relationships; the dos and don’ts of working with young women; and referrals and resources that can provide more information. Each section has three key features: “Hear Me,” “Understand Me” and “Support Me.”
The “Hear Me” section provides quotes from young women describing their feelings and perspectives. We invite you to read their full stories in the section In Their Words: Young Women’s Stories, Advice and Wisdom.
The “Understand Me” section offers insight and information - gathered from CAMH members of the VALIDITY team, clinicians and researchers - related to the respective topics.
The “Support Me” section gives tips, strategies and resources to help young women.
- suggestions for supporting young women with low incomes (Unspoken Challenges)
- a chart listing issues to consider in talking with young women (The Last Word)
- the “My Health, My Life” framework (Girl-Centred Health).
It also provides examples of successful initiatives that young women and service providers recommend (e.g. Girls Talk, Girls’ Nite, in Girl-Centred Health).
- ISBN 978-0-88868-510-0 • 132 pages • paperback
- published 2006 • product code PY022
- Download the free PDF here