Christine Sloss, Ph.D., C.Psych, Sukhi Bubbra, MSW, Andrea Himes, MSW, Colleen Kelly MSW, Joanne Shenfeld, MSW, Linda Tait, BA, BSW
Families CARE is a group-based program that helps family members Cope And Relate Effectively with the person who has a substance use problem.
The program offers education, support and skills development. Family members learn about, discuss and practise such skills as coping, grieving, dealing with emotions, solving problems, setting goals, communicating, setting limits, supporting and responding to the person with a substance use problem, and helping children affected by a family member’s substance use.
The facilitator’s manual consists of 18 modules that include:
- objectives and session outlines
- teaching points and discussion
- handouts that provide information, clinical exercises and home practice for clients to use during the sessions and at home.
Read online excerpts from Families CARE.
- ISBN 978-0-88868-705-0 • 332 pages • paperback
- $29.95 • published 2008 • product code PM081