Edited by Bruna Brands, Beth Sproule and Joan Marshman
Written in plain language, Drugs & Drug Abuse has become the standard reference text for anyone needing concise and clear scientific information on psychoactive drugs.
This essential text is organized into four main sections:
- understanding drugs, drug effects and drug use
- major drug classes: depressants, stimulants, hallucinogens and psychiatric medications
- key drugs: detailed descriptions of 35 well known drugs, including synopsis, source, combinations, medical uses, dosage, short- and long-term effects and abuse potential
- other drugs in brief: descriptions of 40 less well-known drugs.
It also includes comprehensive reference sections, including glossaries. The drugs discussed range from psychiatric medications to well-known street drugs such as cocaine, cannabis and heroin, and less common drugs such as ketamine, khat and peyote.
- ISBN 978-0-88868-305-2 • 646 pages • paperback
- $69.95 • published 1998 • product code P5530