Please note: This page presents information about ODT core course accreditation, registration dates, and costs specific to Ontario. For the overall course description, learning objectives, delivery method, target audience and information about the ODT certificate please visit the Main Page for the ODT core course.
About the instructions
In this course, the instructions for methadone prescribing are aligned with the Methadone Maintenance Treatment Program Standards and Clinical Guidelines, published by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO) in 2011.
Instructions for dispensing methadone are aligned with the Methadone Maintenance Treatment (MMT) and Dispensing Policy of the Ontario College of Pharmacists (OCP).
Note for pharmacists
This course is for pharmacists who must take it per OCP policy, and who are taking it for the first time. Pharmacists working on their five-year refresher cannot take this course and must find alternatives. We recommend the Ontario Pharmacists Association's Methadone Education program: OPA methadone and buprenorphine online modules. This course may also be of interest to pharmacists waiting to register for the CAMH course.
For other refresher courses, please contact the Pharmacy Practice Department at the Ontario College of Pharmacists: firstname.lastname@example.org
- This Self-Learning program meets the certification criteria of the College of Family Physicians of Canada and has been certified by the University of Toronto's Continuing Professional Development office for up to 10 Mainpro+ credits (8.0 credits for web-based modules; 2.0 credits for the end of course exam);
- This Group Learning program meets the certification creiteria of the College of Family Physicians of Canada and has been certified by the University of Toronto's Continuing Professional Development office for up to 6.5 Mainpro+ credits;
- This Group Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada for up to 12 Mainpro+ credits (for the in-class workshop - ID #172300);
- The continuing education event indicated has been designated as a U of T Accredited event and awarded with the following credits: Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada - 16.5 Section 1 credits; (8.0 Section 1 credits for total of web-based modules; 6.5 Section 1 credits for the in-class workshop; 2.0 Section 1 credits for the end of course exam);
- The Canadian Council on Continuing Educaiton in Pharmacy: 20.5 continuing education units (CEUs) Program # 1167-2016-1654-B-P; Expiry Date: 28/02/2017
- The Canadian Addiction Counsellors Certification Federation: 20 Core CEUs
- Faculty of Medicine, University for Toronto
Please note: These are not included in course fees. You can purchase the CAMH publications at http://store.camh.ca
- For all course participants:
- For physicians:
- Methadone Maintenance: A Physician's Guide to Treatment, 2nd Edition, published by CAMH.
- For pharmacists:
- Opioid Agonist Maintenance Treatment: A Pharmacist's Guide to Methadone and Buprenorphine for Opioid Use Disorders, published by CAMH.
- For counsellor and nurses in a case manager role:
- Methadone Maintenance: A Counsellor's Guide to Treatment, published by CAMH.
- For physicians: $475
- For pharmacists: $500
- For counsellors and nurses: $375
Please note: We no longer accept cheques. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Enrollment withdrawals, refunds and cancellations
Withdrawals from the course are accepted until one week from the course's start date. These are subject to an administrative fee of $100.
Refunds for advance cancellation (up to 24 hours prior to the course's start date) will be subject to an administrative fee of $50.
Cancellation notice must be communicated in writing by email.
Cancellation of the course
Should CAMH cancel this course for any reason, the organization is not responsible for lost monies related to accommodations, flights or other incidentals. CAMH will only refund registration fees.
Note for Physicians
Physicians should confirm with the CPSO that they are eligible for the methadone exemption.
Please note the Pharmacist spots are now all full for all sessions.
Please note that you can register for the next course offering on October 19th at 10:00am for the January 2017 courses.
September 23 - October 23, 2016
Online course begins September 23
One-day workshop in Toronto, Sunday October 23
To register, please click on the link below:
October 19 - November 19, 2016
Online course begins October 19
One-day workshop in Toronto, Saturday November 19
To register, please click on the link below: