This is a three-day, intermediate-level course that provides in-depth skills training in CBT through a combination of lectures, video demonstrations, skills-modeling, and role-playing. It is designed as a follow-up to the introductory-level course.
Learners will review the Cognitive Therapist Rating Scale in detail. Other topics include:
- how to structure intakes and therapy sessions
- restructuring techniques
- behavioural activation
- systematic desensitization
- Beck, J.S. (2011), Cognitive Therapy: Basics and Beyond, second edition. New York: Guilford
- Please read this book before attending the course.
Please note: Class size is limited to 30 people.
This course is appropriate for health care professionals, including:
- social workers
- occupational therapists
- nurses with direct client care responsibilities and who are interested in implementing CBT in their practice settings
- counselling and psychology students
- individuals who have completed the CBT Summer Training Institute: CBT Essentials for Depression, Social Anxiety and Panic Disorders (L1).
November 5 - 7, 2015
Details will be posted on this page as soon as they become available
University of Toronto
Please note the reading requirement
Please click on the link below to register:
416-535-8501, ext. 36732
For additional help/support, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org