These courses are held under the auspices of the:
- Office of Continuing Education and Professional Development, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) in Toronto, Ontario
- Level 1: Introduction and application
- Level 2: Application to care programs and services
- Level 3: Adaptations in the treatment of psychological problems
- Level 4: Supervision and consultation
Customized training experiences
CAMH Education will discuss individualized training needs with interested organizations.
The course is appropriate for health care providers with direct client care responsibilities, who provide conversation/consultation about behavioral changes across a range of health-related issues.
Courses are designed using multimodal formats and multimodal learning environments (in-person, online, webinars, video conferencing and blended learning).
Each level of training integrates a motivational interviewing (MI) Drop-in Clinic.
- This blended learning environment offers unique, immersive, simulation-based training. Learners will practice their MI skills and strategies on "patient-actors in treatment", while receiving coaching and performance feedback in real time from experienced MI coaches.
- Authentic learning tasks with structured and supportive materials.
- Self-directed and facilitator-led learning.
- Practice-based learning (practice-based-small group and practice-based-individual learning)
- Practice reflection tools.
- Prior learning assessment and recognition (PLAR).
- Assessment of competence in the use of MI.
The course is led by CAMH staff members from diverse disciplines in health car, and who are members of the Motivational Interviewing Network of Trainers (MINT), an international collective of trainers in MI.
- Purchase of the textbook is optional: Miller, W.R. & Rollnick, S. (2013). Motivational Interviewing: Helping People Change (Third Ed.). New York: Guilford Press.
- Computer headset with microphone
- Any of the following:
- Internet Explorer version 9 or above (this browser works in Windows version 7, Vista or Server 2008).
- Mozilla Firefox version 10 or above (use this browser if you have Windows XP).
- Safari 5.1.
- Sandra Bennett (firstname.lastname@example.org), or email@example.com
- Tel: 416-535-8501 Ext. 36732