Many people come to CAMH for help, treatment and care - you are not alone.
The information in the Welcome to CAMH section is for clients, patients and anyone considering coming to CAMH for care. It will help you begin to decide what is best for you.
Your family members and friends may also be interested in this information. CAMH has special programs for family members and friends of clients.
CAMH is committed to providing client-centred care. You should be fully informed about your care and are invited to take part in decisions about your treatment.
We want to make your experience at CAMH as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Please contact us if you have questions that are not answered here.
Who we are
CAMH is one of North America’s leading mental health and addiction facilities. Through treatment, research, education, policy development, health promotion and prevention, CAMH works to help people who have mental health or addiction concerns, and to support their families and friends.
Inpatient and outpatient programs
CAMH has many clinical, support and rehabilitation programs. These programs are designed to meet the diverse needs of people who are at risk for mental health or substance use problems, at different stages of their lives and illnesses. Our services include:
We also address larger issues that affect health, such as housing, work, social support and income support.
- brief early interventions
- inpatient programs
- a partial hospital program
- outpatient services
- continuing care
- family support.
CAMH has four clinical programs:
- Access and Transitions, providing access and formal transitions into care and the community
- Complex Mental Illness, including critical and crisis care as well as recovery and rehabilitation components
- Ambulatory Care and Structured Treatments, for those who require planned, time-limited therapy
- Underserviced Populations, such as children, seniors, and people with dual diagnosis.