CAMH Statement of Desired Culture
As stated in our Statement of Desired Culture, the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) is committed to creating
a culture of shared values and behaviours consistent with the mission and core values of the organization.
CAMH's work culture will support the highest standards of care within a participatory environment that emphasizes continuous
improvement and learning.
Recognizing the important role that culture plays in promoting and achieving CAMH's vision, the desired work culture will
be characterized by:
- Humanistic values that emphasize health, wellness and the whole person.
- Respect for the diversity of race, culture, ethnicity, gender, age, abilities, religion and sexual orientation, which is demonstrated
by inclusive practices and policies in relation to governance, service and employment.
- Open, responsive and respectful communication with all staff, clients, families, community members and stakeholders in an
environment of trust.
- A participatory management style that will vitally engage staff and volunteers.
- The provision of client-centred care.
- Striving for excellence, creativity and innovation in all endeavours.
- Collaboration and partnership in interactions with the community and stakeholders.
- A caring, respectful environment that offers physical and emotional safety.
The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health is committed to providing diversity leadership and effective delivery of mental
health and addiction services. We will do this in ways that are equitable, inclusive, respectful and culturally competent.