A Guide for Families
Sabrina Baker, Lisa Martens
Family members can play a significant role in helping toidentify early signs of psychosis, in seeking prompt and appropriate treatment for their relative, and in promoting the recovery process. Promoting Recovery from First Episode Psychosis is based on research, practice guidelines and the authors’ own experience working with clients and their families in the First Episode Division at CAMH.
The guide is divided into two parts:
- Part I is designed to help families support their relative’s recovery. It includes information about treatment of psychosis, crisis intervention, and working with mental health professionals.
- Part II focuses on the family’s journey to recovery. It describes specialized services for families, self-care strategies, and communication and limit-setting tips.
- ISBN 978-1-77052-382-1 • 76 pages • booklet/guide
- $9.95 • published 2010 • product code PM091
First Episode Psychosis Kit
We have packaged a copy of Promoting Recovery from First Episode Psychosis with our new Beyond Psychosis DVD from LEARN to create this exceptional information kit.
- ISBN 978-1-77052-469-9 • book + DVD kit
- $34.95 • product code PVK45
Watch a YouTube video with contributor Sabrina Baker about Promoting Recovery From First Episode Psychosis,