At CAMH, leading-edge information technology plays an integral role in supporting the best possible care. We have a highly coordinated, paperless electronic health record and are leaders in analytics and big data. These are transforming how patients, families and communities experience care.
The CAMH response to COVID-19 reshaped how we deliver care. Dramatic expansion of our virtual offerings saw us adopt new ways of caring for patients and integrate technology like never before.
At the same time, the acceleration of virtual care has meant that patients who do not have the technology to participate have greater challenges accessing care. We are committed to addressing this emerging barrier to belonging.
Digital Health Innovation @CAMH continues to reimagine the patient journey and scale technologies (e.g., mobile apps, wearables) to support recovery in places that work for patients (e.g., homes, communities, CAMH).
Our next step, a robust innovation ecosystem and its pipeline, is necessary to improve patient and population health outcomes now and into the future.
This priority action links closely to “Responsive Access to Care” (within Include) and to “Caring and Accountable CAMH” (within Impact). Through these interconnected initiatives, we embrace patient and family co-design, partnerships and a culture of inclusive innovation that moves us together from ideas to reality.
- Launch “Digital Health Innovation @CAMH,” a road map grounded in early wins and long-term changes.
- Continue our virtual care expansion and roll out internet-based cognitive-behavioural therapy.
- Build on successes from the CAMH Innovation Expo to launch an innovation pipeline and demonstration units that will accelerate identification and adoption of technology solutions.
- Formalize strategic partnerships within the start-up, research and technology communities to deliver digital services and tools.
- Continue our move toward a virtual hospital, where care follows the patient and is accessible online.