On June 11, CAMH held its Annual General Meeting and confirmed its Board of Trustees for the upcoming year.
The Board of Trustees is responsible for the governance of CAMH and provides the strategic leadership that enables the hospital’s vision, mission and core values. It consists of 18 elected and 7 ex-officio voting members who reflect the breadth, depth and diversity of the community CAMH serves.
This year, we welcome a new Chair of the Board, Medhat Mahdy. Medhat is the President & CEO of the YMCA of Greater Toronto and President of YMCA Ontario, and has served on the CAMH Board of Trustees since 2015. He brings a deep understanding of the social determinants of health, and a conviction that we owe every individual in our communities the opportunity to reach their full potential — physically, mentally and socially.
CAMH also welcomes these newly elected trustees:
- Susan Armstrong – After a long career in the financial services industry, Sue currently serves on the boards of LawPRO, Canadian Premier Life Insurance Company and West Park Healthcare Centre. She recently served as Chair of the Board of Michael Garron Hospital and served on the Board of The George Hull Centre for Children and Families, a children’s mental health agency.
- Notisha Massaquoi – Notisha recently retired as the Executive Director of Women’s Health in Women’s Hands (WHIWH) Community Health Centre, and has been an advocate for advancements in women’s healthcare globally for more than three decades. In Notisha’s previous role, she worked with CAMH to expand the use of culturally adapted CBT at WHIWH.
- Tom Milroy – Tom currently serves as a Director for Generation Capital Limited, APi Group and Interfor Corporation. Tom is no stranger to CAMH having previously served as the Chair of the CAMH Foundation’s Board of Directors.
- Tingting Yan – Tingting is an MD Candidate at the University of Toronto and is also pursuing a concurrent MSc at the Dalla Lana School of Public Health. She joins the Board of Trustees as an ex-officio member recruited through our association with Girls on Boards, a program of Girls20, an organization that cultivates female leaders. Tingting is the second Girls on Boards participant to serve on the CAMH Board of Trustees.
CAMH would also like to acknowledge David Wilson and Christine Hart who both retired from the Board of Trustees this year after nine years of service. David also served as Chair of the Board for the past three years.
Meet the other Trustees by clicking on the person’s name to learn more about them:
- Virginia Cirocco
- Verlyn Francis
- J. Ian Giffen
- Thomas Hofmann
- Bill Hogarth
- Vivian Koen
- Eileen McMahon
- Howard Sapers
- Murray Segal
- Rebecca Shields
- Diane Smylie
- Adelina Urbanski
- Robert Walsh
- Victor Willis
Ex-officio members are:
- Dr. Catherine Zahn, President and CEO
- Dr. Sarah Colman, President, Medical Staff Association
- Jamie Anderson, Chair, CAMH Foundation Board of Directors
- Dr. Vicky Stergiopoulos, Physician-in-Chief
- Jill Campbell, Chief of Professional Practice & Chief Nursing Executive
- Dr. Benoit Mulsant, University of Toronto Representative on the Board, Chair, Department of Psychiatry