Culture Counts: A Guide to Best practices for Developing Health Promotion Initiatives in Mental Health and Substance Use with
In chapter 4 - Plan the initiative:
Once you have everything planned and gathered all the different resources—people, money, equipment, facilities—needed for
your initiative, you will want to set it in motion. But before you do, here are some things to check:
- Have all members of the project team been involved in developing the work plan?
- Can the activities be done with current resources (time, money, staffing, equipment, and so on)?
- Does the initiative use community members’ skills, knowledge and resources?
- Does everyone know what his or her responsibilities are?
- Is everyone confident, willing and able to carry out her or his responsibilities?
- Does the initiative fulfil the ideas of health promotion as expressed in the Ottawa Charter?