Culture Counts: A Guide to Best Practices for Developing Health Promotion Initiatives in Mental Health and Substance Use with
In Chapter 4 – Plan the initiative
You and your partners have now:
- gathered information from community members
- narrowed down the problem the community wants to address
- have information about the audience you intend to address and what sort of initiative is most likely to get their attention
- set a goal or objective for your health promotion initiative
- decided on a method to tell you when you have succeeded in meeting your goal or objective.
Now you and your partners have to:
- decide exactly what you will do to reach the goal or objective
- make a work plan for creating and running the initiative.