Culture Counts: A Guide to Best Practices for Developing Health Promotion Initiatives in Mental Health and Substance Use with
In Chapter 3 - Gather and analyze information
You and your partners may already have ideas about what mental health and substance use issues the community needs help with.
By gathering information from the broader community, you may find that community members have different ideas about what is
The different ways of gathering and analyzing information described in this chapter can be used for many purposes:
- deciding which problem(s) in the community your initiative should focus on
- figuring out what type of initiative will make a difference
- trying out an initiative on members of the intended audience to make sure it works
- doing process and outcome evaluations
- keeping work plans and initiatives running smoothly so that goals are reached.