W.J. Wayne Skinner, Caroline P. O'Grady, Christina Bartha and Carol Parker
A person with a mental health problem has a higher risk of having a substance use problem, just as a person with a substance use problem has an increased chance of having a mental health problem.
This important new guide:
- explains the symptoms and causes of concurrent disorders
- outlines the different kinds of treatments available, including psychosocial and biological treatments
- describes integrated treatment and how it helps
- discusses recovery and relapse prevention
- discusses family involvement
- gives guidance on how to explain concurrent disorders to children
This guide gives a thorough introduction to concurrent disorder treatment options, and sensitive and sound coping skills to help people with concurrent disorders -- and their families -- toward recovery.
- ISBN 978-0-88868-474-5 • 42 pages • booklet/guide
- $6.95 • published 2004 • product code PM039