Many women who seek help from front-line health and social services have experienced past violence and trauma. Bridging Responses is a resource for front-line health and social service providers who work with women in health care, literacy, substance use, corrections, housing and community services. Front-line staff often do not recognize that many of their clients’ difficulties may be associated with responses to complex post-traumatic stress. This book:
- explains complex post-traumatic stress, and why front-line workers need to know about it
- provides tools to help workers recognize responses to post-traumatic stress in women’s lives
- suggests helpful interventions for frontline workers and describes different treatment approaches
- describes how to establish a level of confidence in clients who have survived abuse and violence, so they may consider referrals to appropriate services or resources.
- ISBN 978-0-88868-412-7 • 30 pages • booklet/guide
- $6.95 • published 2001 • product code PG112