This eight-week course offers an overview of mental health for practitioners in the fields of health, education, security or social services. The course covers definitions of mental health and illness, the prevalence of mental illness in Canada, the mental status examination, symptoms and treatment strategies for mood disorders, anxiety disorders and schizophrenia, and health-promoting strategies used when working with clients experiencing mental illness.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- define mental health and illness
- summarize statistics on mental illness in Canada
- describe the various components of the mental status examination
list three or more signs and symptoms of mood disorders, anxiety disorders and schizophrenia
- describe two treatment strategies used to treat mood disorders, anxiety disorders and schizophrenia
- list three or more health-promoting strategies used when working with clients experiencing mental illness.
This course is open to all interested in learning more about Fundamentals of Mental Health
This course is suggested as a preparatory course for the concurrent Disorders Certificate Program
Course start date:
We no longer accept cheques, due to a variety of issues surrounding this form of payment for our courses.
Refunds for advance (prior to start date) cancellation will be subject to an administrative fee of $100.00.
Withdrawals from a course are accepted within one week from the course's start date and is subject to an administrative fee of $100.00
Cancellation notice must be communicated in writing by email