Please note: This page presents information about ODT core course accreditation, registration dates, and costs specific to Nova Scotia. For the overall course description, learning objectives, delivery method, target audience and information about the ODT certificate please visit the Main Page for the ODT core course.
About the instructions
In this course, the instructions for methadone prescribing are aligned with the Methadone Maintenance Treatment Handbook, published by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Nova Scotia in 2012.
The instructions for methadone dispensing are aligned with the Methadone Maintenance Treatment Services: Standard of Practice for Community Pharmacists in Nova Scotia, published by the Nova Scotia College of Pharmacists in 2011.
This course is accredited for the following:
- The Self-Learning program meets the certification criteria of the College of Family Physicians of Canada and has been certified by the University of Toronto's Continuing Professional Development office for up to 10 Mainpro+ credits (8.0 credits for web-based modules; 2.0 credits for the end of course exam);
- This Group Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada for up to 12 Mainpro+ credits (for the in-class workshop - ID #172300);
- The continuing education event indicated has been designated as a U of T Accredited event and awarded with the following credits: Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada - 10 Section 1 credits; (8.0 Section 1 credits for total of web-based modules; 2.0 Section 1 credits for the end of course exam);
- The Canadian Council on Continuing Education in Pharmacy: 20.5 continuing education units (CEUs) Program # 1167-2016-1654-B-P; Expiry Date: 28/02/2017
- The Canadian Addiction Counsellors Certification Federation: 20 Core CEUs
- Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto
Please note: These are not included in course fees.
- All courses partcipants
- Making the Choice, Making It Work - Treatment for Opioid Addiction
- For physicians:
- The College of Physicians and Surgeons, Nova Scotia (2012). Methadone Maintenance Treatment Handbook. Available:
- For pharmacists:
- Comeau, C., Gray, J., Marentette, A., Murphy, K., Nisar, K., Noftle, L. et. al. (Eds.). (2011). Methadone Maintenance Treatment Services: Standard of Practice for Community Pharmacists in Nova Scotia. Available
- For counsellors and nurses in a case manager role
- Methadone Maintenance: A Counsellors Guide to Treatment, published by CAMH.
- For physicians: $500
- For pharmacists: $425
- For counsellor and nurses:$400
Enrollment withdrawals, refunds and cancellations
Withdrawals from the course are accepted until one week from the course's start date. These are subject to an administrative fee of $100
Cancellation notice must be communicated in writing by email.
Cancellation of the course
Should CAMH cancel this course for any reason, the organization is not responsible for lost monies related to accommodations, flights or other incidentals. CAMH will only refund registration fees.