This course offers has three parts:
Parts 2 and 3 provide opportunities to build on the competences presented in the previous parts. Each part can also be taken as stand-alone training, based on the required prerequisites and prior learning and assessment (PLAR) standards.
The course is appropriate for health care providers with direct client care responsibilities, who provide conversation/consultation about behavioral changes across a range of health-related issues.
The course is led by CAMH staff members from diverse disciplines in health care, and who are members of the Motivational Interviewing Network of Trainers (MINT), an international collective of trainers in MI.
- Purchase of the textbook is optional: Miller, W.R. & Rollnick, S. (2013). Motivational Interviewing: Helping People Change (Third Ed.). New York: Guilford Press.
- Computer headset with microphone
- Any of the following:
- Internet Explorer version 9 or above (this browser works in Windows version 7, Vista or Server 2008).
- Mozilla Firefox version 10 or above (use this browser if you have Windows XP).
- Safari 5.1.
Information will be provided
For more informaiton on the course please complete the pre-registration form:
Motivational Interviewing Pre-registration form
Information on continuing education credits will be provided.
This course qualifies as an elective for the
- Concurrent Disorders Certificate Program and
- Opioid Dependence Treatment Certificate Program
This course is held under the auspices of the:
- Office of Continuing Education and Professional Development, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) in Toronto, Ontairo.
- Sandra Bennett (firstname.lastname@example.org) or email@example.com
- Tel: 416-535-8501 Ext. 36732