- Webinar: Live web broadcast (1 hour)
Date and time
March 21, 2017 (live web broadcast)
This recorded webinar is available by request after March 21, 2017
An integrated care pathway (ICP) is a new approach to treating a person who needs help. That person needs to see the right people, in the right order, in the right place, at the right time. This presentation will use a complex case presentation to discuss:
- implementation of an evidence-based memory ICP at the CAMH Memory Clinic to standardize care for clients with memory disorders, improve client care and outcomes
- how a standardized pathway of care for assessment and management of memory disorders can improve care and be applied in diverse practice settings
- efficacy and effectiveness of ICPs in the treatment of geriatric patients with other mental health conditions.
By the end of this presentation, participants will be able to:
- describe and critique the memory ICP as a standardized approach towards assessing and managing memory disorders in an outpatient clinic,
Sanjeev Kumar, MD, FRCPC, is the Medical Head of Geriatric psychiatry inpatient services at CAMH. He is a clinician scientist and an assistant professor of psychiatry at the University of Toronto.
Dr. Kumar’s current research focuses on developing novel biomarkers and treatment interventions for patients with Alzheimer’s disease. He is studying novel markers of neuroplasticity and cognition using Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) and Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation (tDCS). He is the recipient of several local and international awards including NARSAD Young Investigator Award by Brain and Behaviour Foundation.
This series is for all health care professionals, allied health care workers and caregivers working with older adults.
- $20.00 provides access to the 1-hour recorded webinar
The continuing education program indicated has been
designated as U of T Accredited and awarded with the following
types of accreditation
College of Family Physicians of Canada:– 1.5 Mainpro+ credits
College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada – 1.5 Section 1 hours
For further information on the webinar series:
Sandra Bennett: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Tel: 416-535-8501 ext. 36732